Short-term rentals are a market that continues to grow every year, people who invest in properties for short-term rentals have found that they can make a great profit out of it, turning it into an amazing investment.
But a growing market also means bigger competition, and in this market competition is huge. Property owners have to be more and more strategic every day in order to make a considerable profit out of their investments. This becomes even more challenging during peak season since all short-term rentals are in the same task of attracting guests. But don’t worry, there are ways for you to stand out! In this blog post, we’ll give you some tips and information on how to make the most out of your rental during tourist peaks.
Factors to consider
If you own a short-term rental, there are things to take into account during the entire year. However, these become especially important when you’re trying to attract guests during peak season. Here are some of the things to consider:
- Location: Choose a location that is popular among tourists, such as Cape Cod, the White Mountains of New Hampshire, or the coastline of Maine.
- Unique Selling Point: Offer unique amenities or experiences that are not available in other short-term rentals in the area, such as guided tours, beach gear, or bikes for guests to use.
- Competitive Pricing: Conduct research and stay up to date on comparable short-term rentals in the area, then adjust your pricing accordingly to stay competitive and attract renters.
- Property Management: Ensure your property is well-managed and up to code, including cleaning, check-ins, and maintenance to enhance the guest experience.
- Online Listing: Create an online listing for your rental on popular booking sites like Airbnb or Vrbo, and have high-quality photos and detailed descriptions.
- Positive Reviews: Encourage guests to leave positive reviews, which can improve your visibility and help attract more renters.
By taking all these factors into consideration, you can maximize your rental income during peak season and make the most out of the busiest moments of the year.
Strategies to attract customers
You know it’s important to take action in order to attract guests and make a profit out of your property during peak season, but what can you do? If have no idea where to start, here are some options:
- Offer unique amenities: Stand out from other short-term rentals in the area by offering unique amenities that cater to tourists during each season. For example, include bikes or beach gear during summer, hiking equipment for fall, or heated blankets during winter. Offering local guides with seasonal activities is a great option too.
- Stay competitive with pricing: Do some research on comparable short-term rentals in the area and adjust your pricing accordingly. During peak tourist season, you may be able to charge a premium but be sure to stay competitive to keep occupancy rates high.
- Advertise: Use social media platforms to get people to know your property and fall in love with it! Make sure you have high-quality photos and detailed descriptions to stand out from the competition.
- Manage your property efficiently: To make the most of your rental income, it’s important to manage your property efficiently. Consider using a property management tool or service to help with tasks such as cleaning, check-ins, and maintenance.
- Get positive reviews: Positive reviews can be a major factor in attracting renters to your short-term rental. Be sure to provide excellent customer service and ask satisfied guests to leave a review on your listing.
New England’s peak tourist season provides numerous opportunities for property owners to generate revenue through short-term rentals. While it takes planning, effort, and resources to optimize your short-term rental, the financial rewards and potential for long-term growth can make it a worthwhile investment. So start planning and take advantage of the tourist peaks in New England today!
Do you think you might need help getting customers and advertising your short-term rental property? We’re here to help you! At Managed Air BNB, we’re a managing company dedicated to making your life easier and giving you peace of mind with our services. We take care of everything you need so your property gives you the profits you’re looking for.
We provide cleaning, advertising, customer support, and more services to short-term rentals around New England. Do you think you might benefit from our services? Contact us today to learn more!